Esquire magazine's list of 2011 "Americans of the Year" include Warren Buffet. I'm summarizing for you Buffett's "performance" that got him into the list:
- His search for value as an investor is an extension of his personal values
- Never enriched himself by moving his money around but rather by spending on companies and industries he believes in
- Never leveraged his company in order to leverage his lifestyle
- Volunteered to pay a higher tax rate
- Pledged 99% of his wealth to philanthropy
- Stayed optimistic, calm, resolute, and cheerful.