People use the EXCUSE that America is a "nation of immigrants" (a) without knowing the difference between the settlers and the immigrants who the settlers welcomed and (b) without bothering what their migration does to the host country.
I can speak a lot on this (from making generalizations right down to naming misfit individuals and their negative impact on America), but I will instead allow a better informed Nassim Nicholas Taleb to speak . . .
- Controlled immigration is based on the symmetry that someone brings in at least as much as he/she gets out.
- The ethics of the immigrant is to defend the system as payback, not mess it up.
- Uncontrolled immigration has all the attributes of invasions.
- Immigration requires sacrifice and skin in the game.
- A country should not tolerate fair-weather friends.
- Saw the nightmare of uncontrolled immigration of Palestinians (into Lebanon) which caused the civil war ... Seeing the effect of Syrian migration on the place. So I despise these virtue-signaling open-borders imbeciles.
You can see these tweets at https://twitter.com/nntaleb between June 30 and July 2, 2018.