How to make yourself VALUABLE: build a talent stack

Scott Adams writes about two ways to make yourself valuable.

"The first way is to become the best at some specific skill, the way Tiger Woods dominated golf. But not many of us can be Tiger Woods. So that path is unavailable to 99% of the world.

I recommend a different approach. Most people can – with practice – develop a variety of skills that work well together. I call this idea the Talent Stack. For example, I’m a famous syndicated cartoonist who doesn’t have much artistic talent, and I’ve never taken a college-level writing class. But few people are good at both drawing and writing. When you add in my ordinary business skills, my strong work ethic, my risk tolerance, and my reasonably good sense of humor, I’m fairly unique. And in this case that uniqueness has commercial value."

Continue reading Scott's article. And/or read a clarification on Scott's idea provided by a man who combines professional boxing, a physics degree, and publishing – Ed Latimore!